Avalon & Tahoe Pontoon Mfg., Inc. is a progressive and growing boat manufacturer located in Alma, Michigan. We are currently seeking a motivated Design/Manufacturing Engineer to support our product development lifecycle as well as to provide engineering, manufacturing and project management support.
Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who has a passion for engineering, the marine industry and motor sports. Position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, original thinking and a positive attitude.
Summary of Position:
• Use creative thinking, competitive analysis and software programs to draw, model and develop new products, floor-plans, furniture sets, options and accessories for the pontoon boat market.
• Determine requirements and technical specifications for new product designs.
• Work with Purchasing and suppliers to source components.
• Manage supplier timelines to ensure proper coordination with project timelines.
• Ensure prototypes are available for testing during each development stage.
• Ensure efficient use of materials for high volume production runs.
• Track field issues and react rapidly to solve any production issues.
• Create custom drawings as required to support production activities.
• Load prototype and/or production approved files into CNC machines as required to support daily production requirements.
• Strong background and understanding of design and engineering procedures.
• Ability to work effectively in a multitasking role.
• Must be highly motivated and detail oriented.
• Expertise with metals and other materials.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical decision making skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer and electronics skills.
• Good team spirit and ability to work well with others.
• Upholstery & furniture design experience a plus.
• BSME or BSIE preferred.
• 5-10 years related work experience in design and manufacturing assembly operations.
• Proficient use of AutoCad, CAM software tools.